Saturday 15 October 2011

Today I Am Wearing ....


For todays uniform:

So as winter hits the south coast, it was time to crack open the winter wear suitcase, and release the seasonal outwear from its summer slumber.

As its only october I decided to choose a relatively lightweight quilted style jacket. This bad boy may look thin, but with its 100% synthetic qualities, I'm usually well protected from the ever reliable chilly breeze.
This fine garment is from my old employer - Jack Wills - and I remember being quite forceful about purchasing it on the last day of the sale, after finding out it was the last one in the whole company.
+ The blue marl polo was brought while fighting the freeze in the Big Apple back in February. I found it amongst the racks and racks of discount wear in the famous Century 21. I had wanted this for a while and hadn't expected to find an American Apparel garm in such a store, I had even planned to visit the West Village store on Bleecker Street the following day.
+ My collection of black denim is ever increasing and I've found myself with a rather large selection of black jeans, all very similar in colour but all with a unique fit or wash, I couldn't be without any of them. This pair are not normally seen, and were purchased from Topman - probably with money I didn't have at the time.
+ My footwear originated from a rather strange place. After meeting a companion at the start of the summer, I was left with the generous task of selling his old All Saints uniform, with the promise of a free rummage before I put his old workwear on the likes of eBay. I found these rather nice black loafers. As we have recently seen the Micheal Jackson trial played out in the media, I teamed the loafers with white socks in a homage to the musical legend.

The whole look is a simple transition from picturesque sunsets and sandy toes, to autumn leaves and evenings closing in. Wrap up warm, its cold outside.

7 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!!!
    Berty Morales
    www.madforfashionforless.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it... Simple yet chic!
    xo
    <a href="http://www.marialyssa.blogspot.com>Style is Eternal</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. love quilted jackets so much at the moment!

    frillsandfreckles.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit and the hair. I would totally get the same cut by my head is a weird shape. hahaha....*awkward silence


    iamleoleo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE men's fashion! It's all in the details and what I love about your look are the cuffed jeans, white socks and loafers.

    Guys can always use another pair of denim because the wash and fit of each pair seems to really make a huge difference, at least on my boyfriend, I notice that it does!

    Anyways, I had to follow! Come see my blog too =)

    http://welivedourlivesinstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete