Monday 17 October 2011

Prodigious Paper Fashion
































Kathryn Elyse Rodgers, better know as her abbreviated name Katie, is possibly one of the best illustrators I have ever come across. Period. 

Her work speaks volumes to me. Each piece has been created with precision, passion and what looks like a whole lot'a love. Her blog is a favourite of mine, and is a long standing member of my bookmark bar. 

I really enjoy looking at each piece in plenty of detail, taking in each stroke of the brush and curve of the pen. Her combination of both water colour and ink gives her images a fantastic depth, but still with an out-of-this-world feel. I have never seen illustrations that I feel deserve more merit.

I don't want to give to much away, I feel her own blog gives her work the justice it needs, and only an artist can truly exhaling the love and care that goes into a creation.

The images above are my favourites from a calendar I received last christmas. I look forward to the end of the month to see what new image I will be dreamily looking at when having mind blanks in my own work 

She is a true inspiration and her work makes me want to be a better illustrator. 

I salute you Paperfashion 

Check out her website: http://paperfashion.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment