Wednesday 12 October 2011

New Shoes



So with my 21st now behind me, and a fresh wad of money in my pocket, I decided to heads to the new Westfield shopping centre in Stratford. 

I have one thing to say about that place. Crowd control. The centre was buzzing with fresh faces all looking for what the centre had to offer. Something I wasn't so happy to find. With my belongings held close, and my walking speed reduced to zero, I shuffled my way from shop to shop. 

My first stop landed me at Pull and Bear. A shop I have only ever visited while at Stratford's sister centre, Westfield White City. The store reminded me of an All Saints/Zara hybrid. With earthy tones and urban causal wear, I thought the store was worth a look.

From the moment I stepped foot over the fresh hold my eyes were darting here, there, and everywhere. I was in love with what was on offer. 

With a pile of garments in my arms, I noticed these beauties high on a shelf. I had wanted a pair of brogue boots since there debut a few winters back. This pair called out to me from their high but not so mighty perch. I loved the light leather and simple design, not to OTT, but enough of a statement to ensure a bystanders wondering glance.

With a rummage through a selection of drawers I found my size and quickly headed - with array of apparel in hand - to the closest mirror. They fit! That was enough for me, and with my heat levels rising, I decided to head to the fitting room for the rest of the preview; if not just for a cool down.

I loved everything I tried, and slowly headed to the cash desk to pass over my birthday swiller, an act I didn't need to feel guilty about. 

With a stop off at a few more shops, and more parting with the cash, I soon realised that shopping had taken its toll, and I was ready to head home with a sandwich in one hand and an armful of shopping bags in the other. I quickly boarded the tube in prepare for the night to come. 

In retrospect, I was not prepared for what was to come. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice shoes! And love your magazines! X Iris
    http://www.pariscanwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those boots! Entertaining story, loved it:)

    Spiritt

    http://www.spiritt.com.au

    p.s happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shoes! Truly love the brogue details. :)

    ReplyDelete