Thursday 25 August 2011

FIRSTANDFOREVER


Dr. Marten have recently launched their new advertising campaign, fronted by two well know faces - Agyness Deyn and Ash Stymest.
Both models known for their striking looks give the heritage brand a recognisable face, and define the look Dr. Marten stands for.

The couple who look like they were cut from the same cloth, and a pair I wouldn't mind getting in between myself, act like each others first love in this skinhead inspired photo shoot, which portrays the bleak life of the north in the late 1980's. A time when Dr. Martens were adorning the feet of all of those that followed the subculture.

DM's new campaign invites all to share there first experiences, with there website carrying the tag line - ' new experiences shape us. First times define us. Single moments stay with us forever.' The words create a kind of mantra that the brand want to impose on there admirers, and with the help of a social map, they encourage us to share our first with the rest of the DM world, an opportunity most have used to share there most treasured memories.

This being my favourite....

Georgina Langford
My first Heartbreak came after my first kiss, then two weeks of ecstatic romance, late night drives and mixtapes. We were 18, he broke it off because (he later admitted) he was falling in love with me

The whole campaign makes me want to spend my well earned pay check on a few pairs of what DM have to offer, and although I currently own a well under used pair of black eight hole originals, when can anyone have too many shoes.

I think Dr Marten just gave me the cure to the soon to come winter blues.







1 comment:

  1. LOVEEE this campaign!! so fresh and real!! XOXO, Maria from SS
    http://speakinginstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete